South Africa's oldest biological control company.
Integrity, quality of products and customer service are our first priority.
Our 15 years of experience covers irrigated and dry land crops; in 2009 we covered some 45,000 ha of wheat, maize, sorghum, soyas, sunflowers and pastures. In addition we treated many thousands of hectares of vegetables, potatoes and permanent crops such as orchards & vineyards. We also have a core of satisfied users in the hydroponics industry.
Being soil inoculants, Microbial Solutions’ products improve the quality of the soil regardless of the crop being grown. It is common knowledge that anything planted in good soils will grow well. The use of our product programs increases microbial activity and organic carbon activity which automatically:
· promotes the growth of all other beneficial soil microbes
· kick-starts the growth of the soil food chain, thereby supporting all life forms
· decreases many common root diseases and soil pests such as nematodes
· increases uptake of nutrients and fertilisers in the soil leading to considerable input cost reductions
· the microbial activity reduces compaction increasing aerobic depths and activity which will
o increase root growth and depth
o increase water holding and drainage capacities
o chelate locked-up elements making them available to the plant
o reduce further element lock-up of new fertiliser applications
o reduce the loss of Nitrogen out of the soil
o make working the soils easier
o reduce the amount of diesel used
o reduce the need for large implements and tractors
· increases yields
· increases protein, sugar & oil contents